Monday, August 30, 2010

Magical Meat

"Pork that Tastes Like Beef"
I was so busy telling you about the penis fish before that I almost forgot to tell you about a restaurant that I went to with my fellow teachers. They call the place, "Pork that Tastes Like Beef". Apparently there is a magical part of the pig that tastes exactly like beef, and the Koreans have found it and serve it. Beef is preferred for their foods, but it is expensive. So I guess this certain cut of the pig is great for them to use because you get a great beef dish, but you pay for pork. They brought it to us and we cooked it in the center of our table. I totally thought it was beef until they revealed the magic :)
Speaking of magical meat, I also tried a McDonald's hamburger here, because the school got them for the kids for an event today. It's not your typical hamburger though. It tasted just like Korea. It's a bulgogi burger with Korean veggies and sauce. I liked it though! If we had that in the US then maybe I'd actually go to McDonald's (maybe!)

1 comment:

  1. I make a mean bulgogi and I'll hook you up when you get back (if you're no burned out on it by them).

    ReplyDelete