Friday, September 3, 2010

Today's Lesson: Service

While having dinner with a group of my coworkers, the waitress randomly came over, set 2 big bottles of Fanta on our table and said, "Service". Then later that night when we were buying popsicles at a corner market the clerk threw in an extra popsicle for each of us and said, "Service". Both of these events took me totally by surprise because I had not seen anyone do that yet. Apparently Koreans will sometimes give you something for free along with your purchase because they appreciate your business or they like your group. So "service" means free, or "on the house". Why thank you, Korea! Mighty kind of you!

Also, I remembered that I had not shared a detail yet. I would like now like to take this post opportunity to introduce you to the public toilet here, the squatter! Operated just how it sounds. Say hello!!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, yes, I have some pictures of these from Thailand, quite, umm... different!

    ReplyDelete