Saturday, September 18, 2010

All Food Must Be Korean...Or at Least Served with Kimchee, hehe!

I am beginning to find that anytime you find a food here that is not traditionally Korean, then rest-assured that is has been Korean-ized  :-)

I went with coworkers to a pizza place the other night, called Mr. Pizza. They have all kinds of pizzas with the most random combination of things on them. They had a lot of shrimp pizzas, seafood pizzas, pizzas with pickles, corn, bulgolgi  pizza, etc. We got the potato pizza. It has a regular crust, sweet marinara, mushrooms, cheese, corn, potatoes, I think some tortilla chips, maybe a few sprinkles of meat, onions and some kind of white sauce. The outer crust was stuffed with a sweet potato mouse and had cheddar cheese on top. It did not taste anything like pizza as I know it, but I thought it actually tasted pretty good, hehe!

I've also been to a "Vietnamese" restaurant, which is really Vietnamese-ish Korean food, and I've been to a sushi place to find that the Koreans think that some sushi should have strawberry yogurt drizzled over it. I haven't been to many US chain restaurants, but someone told me that the chicken at KFC here is saucier and has Korean spices or something, and that at McDonalds you get a bulgolgi burger instead of a Big Mac, hehe! I don't think I will try those since I don't really eat there even in the US, but I will have fun trying other actual Korean foods! Like potato pizza :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment