Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some Autumn Hues

Add caption

Add caption


Add caption

Add caption

Add caption
I have been loving fall time here in Changwon! Although the temperature fluctuates from very chilly to icy cold winds, depending on the day, it's at least usually sunny and beautiful out. There's not much rain at all so the leaves have been turning ablaze and then staying on the trees a nice long time so that I can happily gaze at them as I walk to work. It's different from Seattle, where our trees turn color one day and then all the leaves fall off the next day from rain. Also, the main trees here are ginko trees (how stereotypically Asian, hehe!) and they turn a brilliant yellow in fall time. I caught some pictures of them here. Now, they are all yellow without any hint of green and the leaves are starting to litter the streets and sidewalks. On my way to work I saw the cutest little Korean girl pick up two fistfuls of the golden leaves and toss them into the air so that they could rain down on her head. I definitely remember doing that when I was little too....some things are universal I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment