Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Training

I never thought I would ever live to say this....but I am currently training for....(drumroll please)......A MARATHON!
Well, maybe I should clarify. By training, I mean I'm trying to run about 2 or 3 times a week after work, and by marathon I mean a 5K run, hehe! Still, I am surprised to say this because I am not a runner...at all. The very thought of running gives me chilling flashbacks of being forced to run around our entire middle school campus every day for PE, my lungs feeling like they were going to explode with every lap. But maybe, just maybe,  my 6th grade mind was a bit over-dramatic, because running now is not quite that bad. Still not easy by any means, but not completely terrible.

How did I get the idea to do this now? Well, I found a pilates class that I enjoy, but I needed some other source of exercise. I'm used to dancing 4 times a week after all! There are several marathons that go on in various cities all over Korea and throughout the year. A girl I work with was telling my friend and I about them. My friend, Laura, and I decided to try for a small one, since we're in Korea and that's something that they have. Apparently a lot of foreigners participate, so maybe it'll be a chance to meet more foreigners too. My training is going slowly but surely, and the 5K that we'll do is in Changwon on Nov. 13th. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment